New toll system in Slovenia from 1 April 2018!
DARS (Družba za Avtoceste v Republiki Sloveniji) manages Slovenian tolls.
The present toll system is replaced in Slovenia by a gateless system called DarsGo. Every vehicle over 3.5 tonnes permitted total weight will then require a vehicle-specific toll box (OBU)! All vehicles will have to be re-registered for the new toll system.
The toll road network in Slovenia is 606 km long with two main roads:
Hungary - Italy
Austria - Croatia
The Karavanke tunnel (tunnel that connects Slovenia and Austria) is also subject to tolls.
YOUR AS 24 TOLL SOLUTIONS IN SLOVENIA: HOW DO THEY WORK?
Applicable toll systems
All vehicles with the maximum permissible weight over 3.5 tones will require a new DarsGo unit from April 1st 2018. The previous Dars cards, ticketing or ABC tags are not be working after March 31st 2018.
AS 24 solutions
After successfully registering the vehicle online, the customer must print out the confirmation and the driver can pick up the OBU directly to one of the 19 fillings stations OMV.
The cost of issuing a DarsGo unit is 10€ (VAT included) and can be paid with the ETAS Card.
- No minimum amount, maximum 1,000 EUR on the OBU
- DARS will no longer offer discounts for pre-payment in the new system
- Top-up using "Pre-Payment" can also be done at the 19 OMV filling stations
- Customer only pays the driven km
- Only one Card can be registered per OBU
- No control of the minimum amount by the customer necessary
The card that gives you access to toll and station networks in Europe. It also facilitates the payment of foreign taxes.